Make sure you have:
- nonstick baking sheet or roasting pan
- good olive oil
- salt & pepper
*optional seasoning of your choice (tony cachere's for spicy, garlic salt or spike for savory etc.
- veggies of your choosing
- squash family - eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, butternut squash etc
- root veggies - carrot, onion, potato, sweet potato, shallots
- cherry tomatoes
- garlic (see note on this one)
- preheat the oven to 350º F (you have some flexibility on this)
- chop to a consistent size and place on baking sheet
- season all with a fair amount of salt and pepper
- use your hands to gently toss the veggies with olive oil and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until you can easily insert a fork in the pieces. it takes much longer for dense root veggies to roast than it does for delicate zucchini and depends a great deal on your oven.
roasting garlic - I love this flavor, but it can be a little trickier. to do this, chop across the top of the bulb to expose the individual cloves. Place in the center of a square of heavy duty aluminum foil and drizzle the exposed cloves with olive oil. Bring the corners to wrap the clove in foil.